SHINEFUND OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
ShineFund is an online crowd funding program. Crowd funding campaigns may be made by individuals, businesses, or organizations.
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT A CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN, READ THE SHINEFUND OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN SUBMISSION GUIDELINES BELOW. YOU SIGNIFY YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN SUBMISSION GUIDELINES EACH TIME YOU SUBMIT A CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN.
1. Eligibility Requirements
The ShineFund crowdfunding program is open to those who are 18 years of age or older. Submissions may be made by individuals, businesses, or organizations.
2. How to Enter a Campaign Submission
You must be a registered member of ShineFund.org to enter a campaign submission. If you are not a registered member you can sign up by going to ShineFund.org and follow the directions to register a new user profile. Limit one profile per person/email address. Once you have registered and updated your user profile, you will have the ability to complete a campaign submission. Submission must be in written form and may contain a video and/or photographs. A video is not required for your submission, but is encouraged. Campaign submissions must comply with the ShineFund Official Campaign Submission Guidelines, including but not limited to those guidelines set forth in Section 5 below, and must include at least the following:
- First name, middle initial, last name;
- Business or organization name if submission is being submitted on behalf of a business or organization, or if submitting on behalf of another person the name of the individual you are submitting for;
- Mailing address (also include relevant address information if submitting on behalf of a business, organization, or another individual);
- Phone number(s) where you can be reached (also include relevant phone numbers if submitting on behalf of a business, organization, or another individual);
- Email address;
- A written description for your campaign and how the funds will be used;
- The amount of funds you are seeking, and the number of days you wish to run your crowd funding campaign
- YouTube video link or an uploaded video (optional) – video must be five minutes long or less; and
- Photos (optional) – a maximum of four photos will be accepted.
All submissions, including but not limited to, designs, ideas, concepts and communications, shall be owned solely by the campaign submitter who shall have sole liability for all third party claims relating to or regarding the content of their campaign submission. Submitters and submissions that do not comply with these Official Campaign Submission Guidelines or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by ShineFund, in its sole and absolute discretion may be disqualified at any time. From time to time, ShineFund may, in its sole and absolute discretion, choose to feature certain submitters and submissions on the ShineFund website and/or in advertising materials or other online promotion. Being featured on the website and/or in advertising materials in no way impacts the likelihood of success of the campaign nor does the inclusion of the campaign on the website and/or in advertising materials indicate that ShineFund deems the campaign to be a good example of a campaign, nor does it indicate ShineFund's preference for/endorsement of the campaign and/or the subject matter of the campaign.
3. Campaign Submission Content Guidelines
- state the amount of funding requested;
- give a detailed description of why funds are needed and how the funds will be used;
- clearly state who the funds will benefit - a person, business or organization;
- provide an end date for the campaign;
- if video is used as part of your submission it must be available for access through youtube, or video must be directly uploaded from your computer to the ShineFund website; and
- you must own or have rights to use any video or photo content used in your campaign submission.
- seek funding for any illegal activities or goods;
- be inconsistent with the ShineFund Official Campaign Submission Guidelines;
- discriminate against any race, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, political orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status or mental or physical disability;
- promote any third party commercial products and/or company trademarks, logos, brands or endorsements without permission (a submission may contain the name and trademark of an organization to be benefited by the grant submission - provided prior permission has been granted);
- use individuals’ names, photographs, videos, or other likenesses in whole or in part without permission; and
- contain any copyrighted works (other than those owned by the submitter or any official member of the group or those used with permission).
4. Guidelines for Use of Video & Photographs in Campaign Submissions
- a video must reside in your YouTube account (and comply with the "YouTube Community Guidelines" or be directly uploaded from your computer to the ShineFund website;
- be clear, in focus and audible;
- be appropriate to the content and clearly state the objectives of the campaign submission;
- be the property of the campaign submitter;
- have written permission from all individuals seen in the photograph(s) and/or video (regardless of if they are in the foreground or background) – if an individual in the photograph(s) and/or video is under the age of majority in their state of residence, written permission must be from the individual’s parent or legal guardian;
- video must be less than five minutes in length; and
5. Additional Campaign Submission Guidelines
- ShineFund may, in its sole and absolute discretion, reject, refuse, remove, delete and/or disqualify or disallow any campaign submission, that in its sole and absolute discretion, deems inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant with the ShineFund Official Campaign Submission Guidelines.
- If any group of individuals elects to collaborate on a campaign submission, they are required to designate one person as the submitter of the campaign, and that person shall agree to the ShineFund Official Campaign Submission Guidelines on behalf of the group of individuals.
- If a business or an organization desires to enter a campaign submission, the individual making the campaign submission must have authority to do so on behalf of the business or organization and written evidence of such available upon request.
- If ShineFund receives a complaint (including but not limited to a cease and desist letter, general letter of complaint, etc.) alleging intellectual property infringement in a submitter’s campaign submission, ShineFund, in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to remove the campaign from the website and disqualify the campaign without prior notice to submitter.
- Submitter may make changes to their campaign once it is active; however they cannot take their campaign down if donations have already been made.
6. Grant of Rights to ShineFund
By entering a campaign submission, submitter hereby agrees that:
- In consideration of entering a campaign submission, submitter, on behalf of themselves, or their group/business/organization (if applicable), hereby assigns to ShineFund an irrevocable non-exclusive, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license and right to broadcast, publicly display, exhibit and/or otherwise use the campaign submission and every element thereof, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium now or hereafter known or devised. At all times, the campaign submission shall remain the property of submitter. Notwithstanding the foregoing, ShineFund will have the exclusive right to make and/or use unlimited derivative works there from, to assign or transfer any or all such rights and to grant unlimited sublicenses. Without limiting the foregoing, ShineFund will have the right to use the campaign submission, and any portion thereof, in any advertising, marketing, promotion or any other commercial or non-commercial purpose in relation to the ShineFund Crowd Funding Program. Submitter also irrevocably grants ShineFund, where not prohibited by law, an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to the right to use submitter’s name, voice, likeness and biographical material, in any advertising, marketing, promotion or any other commercial or non-commercial purpose related to the campaign submission and/or ShineFund Crowd Funding Program or in any other way ShineFund deems appropriate.
- Campaign submissions posted to the ShineFund website were not edited by ShineFund and are the views/opinions of the submitter and do not reflect the views/opinions of ShineFund in any manner.
There may be some tax implications for the funds received by the campaign submitter and/or recipient. ShineFund recommends that submitters review their campaign submission with their legal/tax advisor to determine their potential tax liability, if any, in connection with receiving donations as part of the ShineFund Crowd Funding Program. If there is any tax liability, it will be the sole responsibility of fund recipient.
The ShineFund Official Campaign Submission Guidelines and their performance will be binding on the submitter and their heirs, administrators, executor, successors and assigns. The construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the ShineFund Official Campaign Submission Guidelines and the ShineFund Crowd Funding Program will be governed by the laws of the State of Vermont without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering a campaign submission, submitters consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Hartford, Vermont. Notwithstanding the foregoing, submitter acknowledges that ShineFund may nonetheless: (1) seek to obtain injunctive or other equitable relief from a court to enforce the provisions of the ShineFund Official Campaign Submission Guidelines; and/or (2) bring an action in court to protect or interpret any of ShineFund’s purported intellectual property rights. The ShineFund Official Campaign Submission Guidelines will not be assignable by submitter. ShineFund will have the unlimited right to assign the ShineFund Official Campaign Submission Guidelines and the rights granted at any time, in whole or in part, to any party.
9. General Conditions
If for any reason the ShinFund Crowd Funding Program is not capable of being administered as planned, including but not limited to, lack of sufficient number of registered members to support the continuation of the program, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Shine Fund Crowd Funding Program, or for any reason ShineFund deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, that the program is not meeting the expected goals, ShineFund reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the program. In the event that the program will be terminated, all donated funds will be dispersed to the campaigns they were donated to prior to terminating the ShineFund website.
Updated August 12, 2013